FOSTER CARE ADOPTION
Every year, we have the privilege of legally finalizing many foster care adoptions, helping these children secure caring, permanent homes. We love working with the foster parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, adult siblings, and other relatives who have opened their hearts and homes to Arizona’s children in need.
We work closely with Arizona’s Department of Child Safety and other adoption agencies that serve children who have already had their parents’ parental rights terminated. These children are legally free for adoption and looking for their forever families. Once an adoptive family is found, our firm will ensure the adoption successfully reaches legal finalization.
WHO MIGHT ADOPT A FOSTER CHILD?
- A relative of the child, including grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, great-aunts, great-uncles and adult siblings.
- Foster parents who have cared for the child or who may be currently caring for the child.
- Prospective adoptive parents who are interested in adopting a child from foster care.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP YOU FINALIZE A FOSTER CARE ADOPTION IN ARIZONA?
Relatives, foster parents, or prospective adoptive parents who want to adopt a child who is in the legal custody of the State will need an attorney to complete all of the legal work of the adoption. We help finalize many of Maricopa and Pinal County’s foster care adoption cases by offering the following services to soon-to-be parents:
- Conduct initial meeting with the prospective parents and answer all of your questions
- Provide education about adoption subsidies and tax credits
- Complete legal paperwork which is filed with the court
- Accompany parents to finalization hearing and answer all of the judge’s questions
- Complete all steps in order for the parents to receive the child’s new birth certificate and social security card for your child
- Secure payment for legal services from the Department of Economic Security ensuring that there are no out-of-pocket expenses for the adoptive family
Completing foster care adoptions and helping provide these children with permanent homes is one of the most rewarding things we do. If you are a relative or foster parent of one of these children, or a parent interested in adopting a foster child, we will do everything we can to assist you throughout this journey.